EFS Q&A - Log Team
Most Recent Logs
Comment On Log
Coaches LogsBob YoungsDave TateHarry SelkowJL HoldsworthJosh BryantMarc BartleyMark WattsMatt RhodesPro Powerlifting LogsBrian SchwabChad WalkerClint SmithDave KirschenHannah JohnsonJeremy FreyJo JordanJoey SmithJulia LadewskiMarshall JohnsonShane ChurchSteve GogginsTed ToalstonZane GeetingPro Raw Powerlifting LogsBrandon SmitleyCasey WilliamsJennifer PetrosinoScott YardVincent DizenzoNational Bodybuilders LogsJosh McMillanPro Bodybuilding LogsAmit SapirMark DugdaleShelby StarnesStrongman LogsAmy WattlesAndy DeckChase KarnesClint Darden
|8/13/2012 4:42:01 PM -
Friday - Legs
Saturday - off
Sunday - Chest
One Arm Barbell Row
* 3 warm up sets working up to 5 quarters per side.
* 4 sets of 8 work sets with 5 quarters
Reverse elitefts™ Band Pulldown with elitefts multigrip swiss™ bar.
* 3 sets of 8 with each grip
* 2 warm up sets
* 4 sets 15 with 50 pounds
DD Pull Down with Stretch
* 1 warm up set
* 3 sets 12 reps
Low Row with MAG grip (pulled high to neck)
* 4 sets 15
* 3 sets 50 reps
* I wanted to do deadlifts with chains but my hip is jacked up and my back feels shot. I did 5-6 warm up sets with 135 and 225 and then did 315 for a few sets of 5. For my last set I went all out and did as many reps as I could. I made 32 reps and there was no way I could have made one more rep. This was a stupid idea and I never want to repeat this again - ever.
One Leg Leg Curls
* 2 warm up sets
* 3 work sets of 8 reps
* 4 sets 15 reps
I had my bodyfat checked yesterday to see where I was at. I know I added a few pounds while on vacation and wanted to see how bad it was.
I came in at 10% at 270 pounds. This puts me very close to my all time highest lean body mass but my weight is over where I want it to be. I sent my results onto Mr "Snake in the Shoulder Vein" Meadows and the decision was made to change my diet.
So until I get the new plan I am eating everything I can see and get my hands on. I know restrictions are coming (and kind of looking forward to it) so I am going to make sure I am carb loaded to the max.
Training on vacation went very well. As I noted in one of my posts while I was away - training in commercial gyms doesn't bother me that much. I do have to make several alterations but as I noted I'm not training for a meet so what the hell difference does it really make as long as I bust my ass on whatever I do.
I also noted that last month was the best training month I've had in the past 8 years. Here are some of the reasons I think this happened.
First I need to define what "the best means". This is defined by my bodyfat staying in the same range and my weight going up 14 pounds (this was before vacation). My strength on all the movements I do went up significantly both in weight and reps. I have had all three of these things happen over the past years but not this much, at the same time and in this short of time.
Here are some of the reasons I feel this happened.
1. I commented in one of the articles that posted on t-nation that I felt it was important to stay with your diet-training coach for long periods of time so they can learn your tendencies and how you respond. I am closing in on two years with John and he has me pretty much figured out and the changes (training and diet) he made 6 weeks ago had a profound effect. This is the main reason for the progress.
2. As I gained weight I started resting more between sets. I didn't even think about this until I realized how long it was taking me to get out of the gym.
3. With this added rest - and strength I started training closer to the edge. I will always train hard - but training to the edge for me means using heavy enough weight where I know my chance of injury is high. Instead of using a more controlled rep speed as I normally do I went back to just moving weight. There are pro's and con's to this and I will move away from it within the next couple weeks because it is beating me up. I call this training the movement - not the muscle. I do see now that this needs to be part of my training 2-3 times a year.
4. John found a way to force me to drink ALL of my intra-training drink - now known as the meadows protocol. For me this is 4 scoops of Anaconda, 2 scoops of Mag 10 and 4 scoops of another product that is still being tested. I have always used this but rarely drank more than 1/2 of it. Now I have 1/2 of it down within 15-20 minutes.
5. While I had cheat meals most of the meals I ate were clean.
6. The training volume went up (again)
Now to see where this next phase takes me.
Email This Training Log To A Friend
Now it's easier than ever to share,
Click Here to email this Question to a friend.
Link To This Training Log